And I read all of the Social Media blogs like everyone else - and often search for excellent case studies on how to use social media to grow your brand, customers and revenue.
So, for all of those budding social media marketeers out there - I have a gig for you:
Grow my client's twitter List
The task is simple: grow my cleint's twitter follower list and figure out the conversion performance (followers to sales from the followers) and what are the characteristics that drive performance.
What does this mean? I am looking for someone to grow my client's list in an ethical manner - no spam following - and I have a specific set of metrics I am happy to leverage. In a four month period, I would like to see the following ratios on following to followers (and yes, you are allowed to cull as long as culling does not impact followers adversely):
- Month 1 - 1:1 ratio, following under 1K
- Month 2 - 1:3 ratio, following over 1K but under 2K
- Month 3 - 1:4 or better ratio, following over 2K but under 2K
- Month 4 - 1:5 or better ratio, following over 1K but under 2K
(if you think this is TOO hard, come up with something better!)
And, the extra benefit you have is the content of the client is quite funny - and can be used to generate followers. Additionally, if you have a different strategy (e.g. create a twitter customer service account and a twitter CEO account like @zappos), make the proposal.
To get considered, you have the following characteristics yourself:
- You are a twitter fiend yourself (we will check you out on twitter grader and on other twittter history tools)
- You have EXCELLENT grammar skills and you can "bring the funny"
- You can help the client with great 140 character one-liners and repackage their content into twitter gold
Your proposal - should be with a base plus performance bonuses. Explain why you are the twitter-g-d or g-ddess that we are looking for. Price and performance matters here and the client is looking for talent across the country.
If you are interested, simply send me an email at sdickert+tgod [at] google's email account. The proposals are due by the end of next week (April 24th, 2009 at 5pm EST).
I look forward to your proposals.